Student /Group Adventure Vacation 2012
8 days / 7 nights from $849.00 p/p
or Travel for FREE!
This group tour was put together with college students and larger groups in mind. We considered budget without taking anything away from an amazing experience. Best of all, whoever puts the group together travels FREE of charge! Get 7 of your friends together and you travel FREE!
Take a look at what we have in store for you!
Day 1 – Arrival – (D)
- Private Transfer to Arenal – (approx. 3 hours)
- Check In Pradera Hotel - standard room
- The Springs 2 day Pass - Two Day Pass to the Hot Springs and Pools, four Restaurants and five bars. You may arrive anytime after 8:00 AM in the morning and stay until we close at around 10:00 PM. Of course, with the Two Day Pass you can go back and forth to the property as much as you like during the two days. Included in the Two Day Pass is a guided tour of our Wildlife Preserve we call the "Cat Tour". This tour departs from the 5th floor reception at 4:00 PM daily but you must make a reservation for it to confirm that space is available. NOTE: Taxi to and from The Springs is not included. It is cheaper to use a local taxi than for me to arrange a driver
Day 2 –Arenal – (B)
- NOTE – CHOICE OF Horseback to La Fortuna Waterfall - Get spectacular views of the Arenal Volcano and the green countryside as you travel by horseback to the 140-foot Río Fortuna waterfall. Then take a 20-minute hike to the river to cool off in the rushing waters beneath the waterfall.
- Safari Float - This completely relaxing float trip takes you on the beautiful Río Peñas Blancas where you're bound to spot wildlife! This clear water river is fed by the pristine waters of several private cloud forest reserves in Monteverde and is surrounded by lush rainforest, natural volcanic hot springs, waterfalls and forested canyons that measure upwards of 700 feet (213 m) in height. In other words, the Peñas Blancas River is an indisputable scenic adventure. Most visitors to the river enjoy a calm safari float to take advantage of the hot springs, waterfalls and abounding wildlife which includes monkeys, sloths, river turtles, crocodiles, iguanas and many bird species.
- Explore the town of La Fortuna – Spend the afternoon exploring the mountain town of La Fortuna. Arenal volcano is always in the background as you visit shops galleries and restaurants. NOTE: This is an optional self tour and no pricing is included in the itinerary. Cost is just taxi into town and back when you are ready to go back to the hotel.
- The Springs 2 day Pass – Day 2 Two Day Pass to the Hot Springs and Pools, four Restaurants and five bars. You may arrive anytime after 8:00 AM in the morning and stay until we close at around 10:00 PM. Of course, with the Two Day Pass you can go back and forth to the property as much as you like during the two days. Included in the Two Day Pass is a guided tour of our Wildlife Preserve we call the "Cat Tour". This tour departs from the 5th floor reception at 4:00 PM daily but you must make a reservation for it to confirm that space is available. NOTE: Taxi to and from The Springs is not included. It is cheaper to use a local taxi than for me to arrange a driver
Day 3 –Arenal – (B,L)
- Canyoneering and White Water Rafting Combo - Make the most of your limited vacation time! Combine the exciting Lost Canyon Adventures Canyoneering and Rafting on the Beautiful Río Balsa – For a full-day of pure adrenaline… you’ll get to rappel, down-climb amazing waterfalls and river trace along a pristine, rainforest canyon and then go rafting on the beautiful class 2-3 Río Balsa. This is the perfect blend of whitewater and wildlife, fun, rolling rapids and vibrant jungle. We guarantee more wildlife than any other rafting trip in Costa Rica! You’ll finish off this fun-filled day with a delicious lunch.
Lost Canyon Adventures Canyoneering… Are you ready to go BIG!?!
Canyoneering is a brand new sport that’s becoming very popular the world over! Near the Arenal Volcano, our rugged, mountainous terrain is ideal for incredible canyoneering options & huge, breathtaking waterfalls! This unique, multi-sport adventure combines rappelling, down-climbing and river tracing in a deep, tropical canyon. Our Lost Canyon Adventure is an experience of a lifetime – go where very few have had the privilege to roam! Imagine yourself in the midst of thick rainforest at the top of a magical canyon full of tropical waterfalls with surprises each step of the way.
Travel the old-fashion way! You’ve heard about Costa Rica’s famous backroads – you’ll start off by doing a fun 4x4 off-road adventure as you climb about 15 minutes up into a quiet mountainside community.
Prepare to get wet! Your guides will give you a thorough safety talk to explain important rappelling and down-climbing techniques. You will be provided high-quality technical climbing gear such as a harness, helmet, gloves and you will get to practice your 1st descent on a mini, 15-ft waterfall, to get the hang of things.
Take a deep breath! And there you are, on a sturdy, government-approved platform looking down into the depths of a 150-ft massive waterfall. You’ll rappel down for the thrill of a lifetime! Make your way along the river bed by down-climbing and rappelling a series of six waterfalls that get gradually bigger and… BIGGER!
Save the best for last! The biggest and most-exciting waterfall is your last descent… you’ll finish with a 200ft-guided-rappel at the end!
Now on to The Balsa River - Challenge yourself as you paddle through fun & safe rolling rapids with names like "Morning Coffee" & "Rock around the Croc" and then play around in tranquil river pools in an isolated rainforest river canyon! And only 30 minutes from La Fortuna! Your professional, experienced bilingual guides will give you a safety talk and paddling instruction, lifejackets, helmets & then you're off…
Hopefully you'll get to see lots of wildlife like monkeys, sloths and tropical birds such as ospreys, oropendolas and toucans. This unique river trip is the best way to combine adventure and nature
Day 4 –Arenal – Manuel Antonio
- Private Transfer to Manuel Antonio – (approx 5 hours)
- Tarcoles River Bridge – During the journey to Manuel Antonio, I have arranged for a couple stops along the way to help break the trip up a little. The first is the Tarcoles River bridge, home of many Crocodiles some up to 6 meters in length. This is a stop to stretch your legs, take some nice photos and be on the road again (15 – 20 minute stop)
- Lunch Time - After your encounter with the Crocs at the Tarcoles River I have arranged for a lunch stop. Several restaurant options are in the area, we can go over options.
- Check In Verde Mar - Suite
Day 5 – Manuel Antonio
- Manuel Antonio Park Day – SELF TOUR - This is a self tour of the Park. Enjoy the day and any of the 3 beaches located here. You will see plenty of wildlife and will have many photo opportunities with several bird species, capuchin monkeys, squierel monkeys, sloths, and several other species of animal NOTE: This is a self tour and no pricing was included in the itinerary. It is cheaper to do this on your own. Cost is Taxi and $10 per person entrance fee to the park.
Day 6 – Manuel Antonio
- NOTE – Choice of Coastal Kayaking w/snorkeling - Come experience one of Costa Rica’s most striking coastlines and National Park – by open-seat ocean kayak. Whether you are an individual, group, or an adventurous family, this challenging yet gratifying ocean kayaking adventure is for you. The adventure begins near the developing Pez Vela (Sail Fish) Marina in Quepos and winds along the Manuel Antonio coastline. Indulge yourselves at a rare jewel of a beach – a hidden Manuel Antonio treasure at Biezans Bay – for a refreshing swim and delicious local snacks. And feel free to have your bilingual naturalist guide direct you to the best snorkeling spots as you experience three small but growing, active, and astounding coral reef systems nestled very close to the shore of Biezans Bay. Or just relax and enjoy the tranquility of a private white sand beach.
After an unforgettable experience at Biezans, continue kayaking – if you choose to do so – towards Manuel Antonio National Park and wonder at the nearby nesting islands where exotic boobies and frigates call home year round. Ask your naturalist guide to steer you towards their favorite species’ nesting spots and most popular locations for local aquatic marine life. And finally end your adventure with a relaxing yet rewarding hot meal in typical Costa Rican flavor near the beach at a local Manuel Antonio hot spot before you return to your Costa Rican residence.
Overall, this kayaking adventure is fun for just about every one, yet it is a terrific way to experience the exotic Costa Rica coastline in a way that only Manuel Antonio can be shown.
- Canopy Tour Zipline - Sail high above the rainforest canopy and experience Manuel Antonio's most popular adventure sport: the canopy zip line. This exhilarating tour was actually invented in Costa Rica, and has since been featured on the Discovery Channel. This is an adventure for people of all ages and interests, and is certainly one of the highlights of Costa Rica.
Now featuring: 18 platforms, 10 zip lines, 2 repel lines, one suspension bridge,
one "Tarzan swing", a butterfly farm and serpentarium!!!
Canopy Safari provides tourists a unique activity and ecological experience, and almost anyone of any age can participate! Young children can be carried by the guides. You do not need to be in great physical condition and it is not strenuous. This tour offers an adventurous tourist the opportunity to ascend into the forest canopy and see jungle life from a perspective available previously to only a select few researchers and photographers
Day 7 – Manuel Antonio
Day 8 - Departure
- Private transfer to airport – (approx. 2.5 hours)
$849.00 Per person - (7pax, 8th travels free)
NOTE: Get a group of 7 people together and you travel FREE!! – Limited time offer!
- All Transfers Listed unless noted otherwise
- All Hotels Listed
- All Tours Listed unless noted otherwise
- All Hotel, Tour & Transfer Taxes
- Free 24 Hour Trip Support – You can reach us 24 hours a day while you are here
- Free Trip Monitoring – We call each company and tour operator the day before to ensure a smooth vacation
Costa Rica Student Package - $849.00 p/p
- Double ocupancy - Group of 8
Contact our Travel Experts
Agent Direct (506)-8-358-8350
P.O. Box 272 - 4013 - Atenas, Costa Rica -20501
We accept all major credit cards
Costa Rica Travel Experts - Custom Itineraries -Vacation Packages - Airfare - Client Photo Gallery - About Costa Rica - About Us - Costa Rica Real Estate Consulting - Frequently Asked Questions - Charity at Work - Links 1- Links 2
Costa Rica Travel Experts / Costa Rica Vacation Packages / Terms & Conditions
C.R. Referrals - Costa Rica Vacations - Copyright © 2010 - CR REFERRALS.COM - C.R. Referrals Travel Group - All rights reserved.